Cook and child injured in school gas cylinder explosion in South Kashmir

The Kashmir Pulse
1 min readJun 15, 2024

--

SRINAGAR — A cook and a kid received burn injuries in a gas cylinder explosion that took place at a school in Marhama area of southern Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Saturday.

An official quoted by the news agency Kashmir Scroll said that a gas explosion occurred at Middle School Jafarpora Marhama Anantnag in which a 50-year-old lady identified as Hajira and a four-year-old kid identified as Zian son of Mohammad Ashraf suffered injuries.

He said that both were initially shifted to SDH Bijbehara and were later referred to SMHS Hospital Srinagar for further treatment. The lady was a cook at the school and the cause of the explosion is said to be the leakage in the gas cylinder.

The fire caused by the explosion was brought under control, he said and added that police have taken cognizance of the incident and started an investigation in this regard.

--

--

The Kashmir Pulse

Uncover untold stories with The Kashmir Pulse. Bold journalism. Authentic insights. Amplifying unheard voices. Every word resonates. Every pulse reveals truth.